So I realize I just posted not too long ago, but I found it necessary to do again. A long time ago, Nuuna Nitely posted a picture on her flickr that had to do with cleavage. You can see it here, although I’m about to post it again.
After being out and about today, I actually paid attention to the way some female avatars dress themselves, and it occurred to me that the rules of boobs & cleavage and general proportions are grossly abused or ignored.
Now I’m sure many of you will shout at me, “But Alex, this is SL and we can do whatever we want to our avatars!” Case in point -> this.
Well, touche! If you are one of those people who likes to mess up your shape because you can, then keep at it. I’m still going to judge you. This may sound harsh but hello – with all the fashion blogs/SL models/fashion shows/flickr accounts/photography studios/etc that are dedicated to showing off our pixels, SL is ENTIRELY about showing yourself off and letting people judge you!
With that said, if you are a person who wants to have a pretty proportionate and normal looking avatar, I am posting this here, along with some pictures of my own avatar just to show you what’s available to you in the wonderful world of SL.
Not my photo. All credit & the picture itself go to this.
In general, this depiction states these things, specifically:
1. Boobs lift when a woman raises her arms. Okay so, obviously, boobs have movement. But let’s take it down a notch on some of those physics, yes? >.> I don’t want to knock myself out everytime my AO switches stands.
2. Boobs do not defy gravity. If your boobs aren’t very far away from your chin, you might want to have a look at the gravity slider.
3. The bigger the boobs, the more weight is added, causing them to sag. Moral of this rule? If your boobs are anything bigger than a small handful, see rule #2. They shouldn’t be quite so perky!
4. Good bras should lift the breasts. Well that’s rather self explanatory.
5. Women should NOT have cleavage without a bra. I have broken this rule myself usually due to forgetting I had the cleavage layer on. But I try to remember it because I look back at pictures and cringe.
Now, feel free to read the additional comments on the picture, because they’re accurate as to boobs in RL (some of which SL has no control over, or we as the owners of our avatars have no control over because skins do this for us). And for your viewing pleasure, I have made a picture of my own avatar just to help demonstrate the rules.
Now, for boobs!
Click to see Thelma & Louise in their larger-than-life size :>
As you can see from the photo I have depicted my boobs in three ways. 1. No cleavage, totally bare. 2. In a bikini that clearly gives them NO support, ergo once again they have no cleavage, and 3. In a bra that gives them support & lift, creating cleavage. While it may be difficult to tell from the picture, my shape is also altered. Yes, I really do have two different shapes depending on the state of my chest. The ‘gravity’ is lower on the first two than on the last.
The first picture I posted about the ‘rules’ of breasts also touches on hips & shoulders a bit, and the separation of thighs. I think that’s a lot to address in one post, so I’ll address that probably tomorrow. But I hope you all found this informational, fun, and didn’t take it offensively. If you did, I apologize, but I felt like this is information everyone should know, or at least have access to!
Credits: Skin: Lara Hurley – Emma ;; Hair: LeLutka – Drew ;; Bikini Top: L.inc – Micro Bikini ;; Bra: Bullwinkle – Plain Bra – Blue